Friday, February 20, 2009

Meals on Wheels and Bubbles

Today was my first time to volunteer with Meals on Wheels. I've been wanting to get involved in some volunteer work, but wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Then, someone told me that the neighborhood ladies all take turns delivering for Meals on Wheels. I thought I'd give it a try. Grandma watched Dax while I went on my first test run. It was actually pretty cool. Most of the people were really "with it" and were genuinely happy to see us. My favorite was the last lady on the route. She told me I look like Anne Hathaway, which of course was very flattering. My teammate asked her, "from which movie?" She said, "the princess one". So, for the rest of the day, I felt like a princess. And I thought volunteer work was supposed to help OTHER people. :) I go again in a couple weeks and I'll take Dax with me. We'll see if this is something he and I can do together.

In the afternoon, it was another gorgeous, sunny day, so Dax and I took Badger for a walk and then decided to get out the bubbles. Dax likes to say "bab uhl". We never really got the fancy wands to work all that well, but we had fun trying.

Bubbles!


Bubbles are serious business

We never could get the "kazoo" wand to work

No comments: