Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spamalot

The Broadway musical, Spamalot is in town. It is based on Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail. Duane and I have seen it before and loved it. My regular seats are on the first row of the first balcony. However, a gal in the neighborhood needed to trade days, so I traded tickets with her. Her seats are 4th row orchestra, center. Talk about WOW. We could see Sir Gallahad's spit when he sang! The cast really seemed to be enjoying themselves. One actor messed up a dance move and just walked off stage disgusted, and it was so funny that the Lady of the Lake started laughing. She had to stop singing to compose herself. She even got King Arthur laughing. Later, the Knights Who Say Nee gave the Hook 'Em Horns sign and sang The Eyes of Texas. But the best part was that King Arthur was played by Richard Chamberlain. I remember him as the hunky priest in The Thorn Birds, but my mom remembers him as Dr. Kildair. Anyway, I snuck a couple pictures for my mom (and to remember how amazing our seats were).

Richard Chamberlain - still hunky! (with audience member they pulled on stage)


The Knights Who Say Nee, also sing The Eyes of Texas

No comments: