Monday, March 23, 2009

Kaylee's Birthday Party

Dax's friend, Kaylee, turned 2 years old. Horray! So, for playgroup, we had a fun party at her house. She has a new puppy, Lily, that was a HUGE hit with the boys. With all the playing, running, swinging, and laughing, I think the party was a big hit. The best part is that, even though Dax ate a chocolate cupcake with neon blue icing, he took a 2 1/2 hour nap afterwards!

My personal victory with the party is that I managed two almost-2-year olds. Ethan's mommy couldn't come to the party, but we didn't want Ethan to miss out, so I loaded him in my car and took both boys. They were cracking up about having a friend in the back seat. Trying to get them both out of the car and into the house was a little daunting. But there was only 1 "break for it", and I contained it quickly. Then I got both boys holding hands, and holding my hand and we all walked like a train to the front door of Kaylee's house. Whew! I made it 50 feet with 2 toddlers! Good thing I don't have twins! :)

Dax & Ethan in the car


Good times at Kaylee's party


Ethan, Dax, Kaylee, & Payton


Cupcakes!


It took a few scrubbings to get all the blue icing off

No comments: