Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone! We didn't really do anything for New Year's Eve (except pray that the fireworks didn't wake up Dax). However, Dax celebrated the new year by climbing out of his crib. Yikes! We put him down for his morning nap and he was protesting, but I figured he'd settle down in a minute. Instead, I heard a thump, an instant of silence (enough to think to myself, "what was *that*?"), then a very upset scream. Dax met me at his door. He was scared, mad, and probably in a little pain. There was no blood or bumps or bruises thankfully. He hasn't tried it again, but if he decides to make this a habit, we'll have to convert his crib over to the toddler bed. I just hope we don't have to do that, because I do not see him staying in that bed. I'm afraid I'd be fighting with him every nap/bedtime.

Speaking of sleeping, we tried moving Dax to just 1 nap a day, but it really wasn't working. We tried it because he had been fighting the morning nap. But the 1-nap schedule wasn't getting him enough sleep; and he was waking up at 4am, 5am, and 6am. So, we're back to 2 naps. He's sleeping much better now. Although, he is still waking up at 6am. It's not as good as the couple weeks he was sleeping till 7am, but that's ok. I didn't really think that would last anyway.

Here's to a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2009 filled with lots of fun and laughter (and some good sleep)!

No comments: