Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rings & Story Time

This morning Dax asked me if he could have my wedding ring. I told him (as I have before) that this is a very special ring that Daddy gave to Mommy because he loves her. Dax replied, "I want Daddy give me ring." Then I told him that while Daddy loves him very much, boys give rings to the girls that they love and that someday, when HE grows up, he can give a ring to a girl that he loves. He melted my heart when he said, "I give YOU a ring when I grow up, cuz I love YOU!" That's my boy!

Later this morning we met Benjamin at the library for story time. I'm embarrassed to say that this is the first time I've taken him to the library. We had a great time. Dax sat front and center. They sang songs, read stories, and did an art project, all in 30 minutes. We'll definitely go back.

After the library, Benjamin and his baby sister, Bethany, came back to our house for a playdate and lunch. Once again, Dax was fascinated by Bethany. He would bring her toys and he even read her a story. He's so thoughful and I know he's going to be an awesome big brother.

Doing the art project at library with Benjamin


Reading to Baby Bethany

No comments: