Sunday, December 14, 2008

Grandmas' Christmas Cantata & Elisabeth's 1st Birthday

Dax spent the night with Grandma last night so Mommy could have her annual Cookie Exchange party. It was great to catch up with friends and relax. And, to not worry about waking up the kiddo.

This morning, Dax went to church with Grandma. She is in the choir and they had their Christmas cantata. They did a lovely job and it was fun to see Grandma up at the front of the church. When I went to pick Dax up from the nursery, he RAN to me with his arms outstreched and a big smile. It was GREAT to feel so loved!

We had some quality time this afternoon playing in the backyard. Then we went downtown for Elisabeth's first birthday party. Her mommy is in my MOMs group at church. The party was at the Austin Children's Museum. Dax had a ton of fun. Mostly with the trains, the dump trucks, and driving the kid-sized version of the Metro-Rail train. He was so wired, I thought for sure he'd crash in the car on the way home, but nope. I dropped him off with Duane (who had just gotten back in town from a Texans game - they won!), and then I took off for a friend's holiday party. Duane eventually got him to sleep and I managed to snag a Tiffany pen from the white elephant game a the party. So, a really good night! :)

Playing IN the sandbox


Trains!


Driving the Metro-Rail


Fish are fun

No comments: