Thursday, October 22, 2009

Seben!

While Duane is in Tokyo, I've decided to get control of Dax's wake-up time. We have a new rule: he has to stay in bed until the clock says "7". The first day he woke up at his usual 5:45am; I went in, explained about the "7", and left. He cried for 40 minutes, but fell back asleep until 7:15. I showed him the "7" and told him how proud I was of him. The next day he woke up a little later and cried a little less and again fell back asleep until after 7:15. Same thing the following day: woke up later, cried less, slept until after 7:00. Eventually, he started staying asleep all the way through. It's been great. Now, when he wakes up, he looks at the clock, and yells out, "Mommy! Seben on my clock!" He has tried a couple times to claim that 6:47 means he can get up, so we're working on the difference between "first" and "last". But I have to give him credit for trying. ;)

No comments: